Sunday 20 May 2012

Newcastle Medical Photography Logo


These are my logo design ideas for Newcastle Medical photography. Newcastle Medical Photography is a department of the hospital which specializes on medical photography which is used for documenting, teaching, publications and for evidence in court cases. I found this brief quite challenging as the brief was quite restricted and it was quite easy to fall into the trap of using cameras. 


For this logo idea I focused on the medical theme of the company, The Red Cross and cameras was the inspiration for this logo, half a medical cross which also appears to be a birds eye view of a camera with the department name fitted to the right side of the logo, I chose to work with blue and green as these colours are not too bold and are often associated to medicine. To add detail I experimented with overlapping and opacity, my favorite design is the middle one as it is more interesting with the three shades of colour created by the opacity tool on Illustrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment