Tuesday 10 January 2012

Final design for Penguin Book cover competition and module C1428


This is my final design for the illustration project, I chose to design a cover for the Brothers Grimm Fairy tales aimed for children and adults with children. After looking at Toki Doki and Tado I went with cute contemporary design that I felt would attract both the target markets. I chose a very light blue background to make the images on the page stand out as I felt white would be too plain. 

I liked experimenting with the composition of the characters, particularly the thickness of the lines and overlapping of the opaque colouring. I found that I was very restricted on time for this project and this is evident in my design. I would have liked to experiment further this the typeface in the title as I feel that it doesn't look quite right on the page as it is quite thin and doesnt catch the viewers attention as much as i would have liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment