Tuesday 10 January 2012

SYNC logo competition

The class was given a brief by Newcastle University to design a logo for a new PR company which works to remove the barriers between the public and scientific research at the research. My development behind this design started with the idea of what is the science and what generates it, the mind and thought. The process led me to designing a series of cogs that work around the name of the company, I felt that cogs where most appropriate to describe the human brain.I used a binary style font to emphasize the scientific message further.

I like how the cogs are very simple but the colours work to define the detail as i used several shades of blue and grey making it eye catching. However if I were to develop this logo further I would have worked on the positioning of the imagery to find a position that may have worked better.

No comments:

Post a Comment